With Halloween right around the corner, The Learning Experience® centers across the country are hosting neighborhood Trunk-or-Treat events to offer families a safe alternative to trick-or-treating. Children and families alike are encouraged to dress in their most festive Halloween costumes and go trunk to trunk instead of door to door in the comfort of a TLE® center’s parking lot.
At this free, family-friendly event, guests will enjoy decorated vehicles, collect tasty treats and delight in Halloween inspired festivities at their local TLE®. Whether you are joining the festivities at your local TLE® center or another community hosted Trunk-or-Treat, you can find the keys to a successful night with these six tips.
1. Come up with a theme that is fun, engaging and not too spooky for the little ones.
2. Keep your costume child friendly and coordinate with your trunk’s theme.
3. Give yourself time to organize, create and/or purchase all of your trunk’s décor.
4. Make sure your treats are store-bought, pre-packaged and peanut-free to insure all trick-or-treaters can partake.
5. Go big or go home! Make sure you have enough goodies to go around for everyone.
6. Decorate, have fun and HAPPY Halloween!