Our early childhood education program for kindergarteners was developed and improved over 40 years and is available at participating centers across the country. Our proprietary L.E.A.P. (Learning Experience Academic Program) Curriculum includes a phonics program, foreign language programs, manners and etiquette, physical fitness, and a philanthropy program for kindergarteners preparing for first grade.
Together these programs, along with enrichment programs that are offered* at no additional charge, provide a well-rounded early education to kindergarteners—one that’s developed to meet national standards and proven to get children on the path to a bright future.
Our approach to kindergarten education (5 years old)
Entering kindergarten is one of the biggest steps your child will take and selecting the appropriate kindergarten environment is important. Our kindergarten classes combine our L.E.A.P early education curriculum with an environment of fun, open-ended exploration, investigation, discovery, and building self-confidence and self-esteem. It’s the perfect opportunity for optimum growth in academics, socialization, physical fitness, and emotional well-being.
What our kindergarten curriculum includes
Kindergarteners at TLE® learn about and master many of the skills and concepts necessary to enter first grade:
- How to write their first and last name using the proper capitalization, spacing and letter formation
- How to recognize and print the letters of the alphabet
- How to recognize and write numbers
- How to use the library and read literature
- Language development
- Computer experience with specially selected software and programs
- Visual discrimination
- Health and nutrition
- Journal writing
- Understanding the purpose of the calendar
- Identify the planet, country, state, and city that they live in
- How to utilize objects of scientific exploration
- How to explore the world of art, music, physical fitness, science and dance
The Show N Tell app
Our proprietary smartphone app is loaded with features that let parents check in on their children’s activities by receiving picture notifications during the day—an immense comfort to parents whose children are attending daycare for the very first time. It also gives parents the power to plan and stay organized. You can easily check your tuition balances and notify us of any upcoming absences, as well as stay on top of upcoming events and closures at your TLE® center.