Welcome to our September curriculum theme, Wonderful Me!
It's another happy school year at The Learning Experience - and our September curriculum theme, Wonderful Me, is the perfect way to begin! This exciting theme will help your little learner understand themselves, their families, and their school!
This month, your child will also explore how to build relationships with their teachers, classmates, and our lovable TLE characters! This focus provides a solid foundation for the entire year of learning ahead!
September Curriculum Developmental Benefits
Infants and Toddlers
- Recognizing themselves and friends through mirror and song activities
- Adjusting to their classroom through sensory bin activities and classroom tours
Twaddlers and Preppers
- Strengthening their knowledge of themselves by learning to name their emotions
- Building relationships with TLE Friends through dramatic play
- Learning how their families and favorite things make themselves and their TLE Friends special
- Discovering what self-regulation techniques make them feel calm
Your little learner's friends Bubbles the Elephant and Gibby Gibbon will lead the way this month!
Bubbles will help your little learner feel excited to make new friends and begin the new school year! Gibby will help your child discover what makes them special and understand that our differences make us all special!
You can reinforce your little learner's understanding of themselves and others at home! One fun idea is to draw self-portraits with your child. When you finish, you can then draw a portrait of your child, while your child draws a portrait of you! Afterwards, you can discuss what the marks on each drawing represent!