Welcome to our October curriculum theme, My Emotions and Feelings!
Our October curriculum theme is My Emotions and Feelings! This month, your child will learn about what emotions are and how we use our emotions to make sense of the world around us! Your little learner will explore these big concepts through active games with friends, teacher interactions, and artistic expression!
With all the learning fun in store this October, we know your child will experience feelings like happiness, excitement, and joy in their classroom!
October Curriculum Developmental Benefits
Infants and Toddlers
- Exploring emotions through teacher interactions
- Discovering their senses through object exploration
Twaddlers and Preppers
- Strengthening understanding of emotions through classroom discussions
- Building relationships with TLE learning characters through active games
- Recognizing emotions in pictures
- Reinforcing understanding of their own feelings through artistic exploration
Your little learner's friend Miss Chievous will guide them through this month's curriculum!
Miss Chievous has a lot of energy, and, just like all of us, she sometimes experiences big emotions. In the classroom, she'll help your little learner understand what they can do to find their calm when they experience these types of feelings!
You can reinforce your child's understanding of this month's curriculum by creating a "calm corner" in your home! You can include different sensory activities, pillows, stuffed animals, books - whatever helps them find their calm! A "calm corner" can be a great spot to help your child practice the self-regulation techniques they'll learn about this month - like taking deep breaths!