Our early childhood education program for preppers has been developed and improved over 40 years. Our proprietary L.E.A.P. (Learning Experience Academic Program) Curriculum for preppers includes American Sign Language, manners and etiquette, physical fitness, and an introduction to hands-on technology and stimulating workbooks to prepare children for our preschool program and beyond.
Together these programs, along with educational enrichment programs that are offered at no additional charge, provide a well-rounded early education—one that’s developed to meet and exceed national standards and proven to get children on the path to a bright future.
Our approach to education for preppers (2 1/2 to 3 years old)
The Prepper program was designed to meet the special needs of maturing children to build a perfect bridge to the classroom that will come next.
My Little L.E.A.P.® Books
As children reach this stage, they experience rapid increases in physical, cognitive, developmental and social skills. We introduce them to My Little L.E.A.P.® Books, designed to challenge those skills and to teach children about language, letter recognition, shapes, colors, numbers, science, manners, etiquette, math, art, music and physical fitness.
Reinforced potty training
Once children are mature enough to handle “potty time” by themselves, they may enter our prepper program, where continued potty training is reinforced and teachers are prepared for “potty accidents.”
Computers and technology
As society becomes increasingly more driven by technology, it’s more important that children are introduced to technology at an early age. At TLE®, our preppers begin this early education process with a very basic introduction to computers and technology.
What our curriculum for preppers includes
- Our My Little L.E.A.P. Books, a workbook that teaches and reinforces concepts such as colors, shapes, numbers, sequencing and letter awareness
- Interactive play, music, and dance.
- Continued manners and etiquette lessons that teach the importance of good behavior, sharing and kindness.
- Outdoor time encourages social engagement in plenty of fresh air and sunshine.
- Daily physical fitness lessons that promote staying healthy and active.
- Introduction to our computers and technology in the classroom including daily lessons on our L.E.A.P. Interactive board that bring our curriculum to life.
- Continued potty training support with the help of our loving educators and caregivers.
The Show N Tell app
Our proprietary smartphone app is loaded with features that let parents check in on their children’s activities by receiving picture notifications during the day—an immense comfort to parents whose children are attending daycare for the very first time. It also gives parents the power to plan and stay organized. You can easily check your tuition balances and notify us of any upcoming absences, as well as stay on top of upcoming events and closures at your TLE® center.