Our development requirements
TLE® is America’s fastest growing childcare franchise, and a recognized leader in the early education industry. Developing industry leading early education centers requires consistency and innovation. Every aspect of our centers are purposefully built to provide children with a joyful and safe environment where they are happy to learn, play and grow.
- Type: Freestanding, Out Parcels, End/Cap
- Building Size: 10,000 sq ft
- Parcel Size: 1-5 acres (developed 3/4 acre)
- Lease Terms: 15 Years Plus Options
- Additional Requirements: Playground 5,000± sq ft; Ease of Egress and Ingress; 40 Parking Spaces
Minimum demo requirements
- Population: 30,000+ (3 mi radius); 75,000+ (5 mi radius)
- Children Under 6 Years: 3,500+ (3 mi radius); 5,000+ (5 mi radius)
- Average Household Incomes: $75,000+
- Additional Requirements: High Signage Visibility; Turnkey Build-to-Suit; High Traffic Counts
Real estate site selection
The Learning Experience® pursues growth in new markets by establishing both Franchise and Corporate owned sites in each major metro market. Once it identifies a market, it then establishes franchised sites in the surrounding suburban areas.
An internal team is responsible for project management related to the development and construction of real estate deals. This allows us to effectively manage our timelines with the goal of opening centers on or ahead of schedule.
The TLE® Strategy is based on a solid platform, built through experience gained by developing more than three million square feet of child center space. Our growth is based on the simple format of one block at a time in concentrated markets. This proven model of growth will ensure that TLE® can continue to grow while maintaining low corporate G&A, which enables the company to build top line management directly at the center level where it belongs. It is our belief that in order to maintain our reputation for the highest standards of quality per unit, that a highly concentrated development strategy through the clustering of our centers is necessary. This model of growth will permit the building of brand recognition by concentrating our marketing dollars directly within each core market, and, in addition, allow our centers to leverage support staff and marketing costs, which helps increase margins without any loss of quality.